OverviewXQual delivers much more than a simple Test Management software. XStudio is a modular and open ALM solution allowing to manage the complete life-cycle of your products.
XStudio includes probably the most powerful and versatile test management software in the market (that can drive any kind of tests, manual or automated). XStudio makes the management of your assets (requirements, tests, bugs, etc.) trivial and less costly to maintain. Bugs, slippages and regressions are often due to inneficiencies in managing the tests; XStudio will get rid of those common issues for you.
Optionally, some computers can be driven remotely by XStudio to perform the tests. The piece of software running in background on these computers is called XAgent.
Here is a Quick Overview Presentation of XStudio.
XStudioAll the details are in our brochure .
XStudio is a 100% graphical, cross-platform and modular in design assets management application that handles the complete life-cycle of your projects from end to end: users, requirements, specifications, documents, projects, tests, test plans, test reports and test campaigns.
In addition, XStudio is also a powerful bug-tracking database. Hence, you will be able to manage your defects as in any bug-tracking database but also "link" these defects to your tests, specifications, requirements and products.
Some launchers are already provided (source code and binaries) ready to be used with XStudio. They are available in the open source section and are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3 (LGPLv3).
XStudio.webXStudio.web is still under development. It is the pure-web version of XStudio.
XAgent/XSubAgentXAgent is also included and can be run in background on several hosts on your network so that you can run your test campaigns on these computers remotely. XSubAgent is a special agent to be used with the proxy launcher. It allows running distributed tests on complex environments requiring simultaneous and heterogeneous tests execution. The agents are standalone clients available on Windows, Linux and MacOSX. They can also be deployed automatically from a server.
XContinuousIntegrationXcontinuousIntegration is a command line tool allowing to automatically trigger creation and execution of test campaigns right from your favorite Continuous Integration server (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo etc.). When a new release is built successfully it's then automatically followed by the according automated tests execution. Reporting is then available both from XStudio but also from your Continuous Integration server.
SDK/APIsUniquely, XStudio provides a simple open-source SDK licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3 (LGPLv3) that allows integrating with any tests you already have - or you're planning to develop - whatever the language they are written in. It's pretty simple to integrate your existing tests (even proprietary) within XStudio: you just need to implement (in Java) a class extending the
com.xqual.xagent.launcher.CLauncherclass in the SDK.
For more details about the complete API, check the documentation section. The SDK is of course included in XStudio but can also be retrieved here.
Documents and reporting features
- Export/Generation of Reports in xml, html, csv (Excel) and docx (Word) formats
- SUTs coverage
- SUTs results
- Requirements coverage/results
- Specification coverage/results
- History of all test executions
- Campaign coverage/results
- Campaign trends/progress
- Campaign results comparison (per configuration/operator/agent)
- Defect metrics per status/per user
- Defect submission rate vs resolution rate trend
- Graph of dependencies between tests
- Tracking of test readiness for manual/automated execution
- Tracking of bugs status (submission rate vs resolution rate)
- Tracking of scrum projects (velocity graph automatically generated)
- Tracking of user's calendar/absences and holidays management
- Real-time status on on-going test campaigns as they are running
- Monitoring of resources during testing
- Generation of coverage metrics on any sub-domains of requirements, specifications and tests
- Automatic generation of the traceability matrix
- Dashboard including your assignments and your favorite charts/metrics
- Integrated management of ALL entities involved in your project's life-cycle: users, products/releases, requirements, specifications, assets, projects tests, exploratory sessions, test campaigns, test reports, defects
- Real-time connectors to the most famous bug-tracking systems (Generic, JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, Mantis, Clearquest, VersionOne, Redmine, QC)
- Real-time connectors to third-party requirements management systems (Generic, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Connectors to any Continuous Integration environment including Bamboo, Jenkins and Hudson
- Integration with ANY LDAP/Active Directory-compliant dictionnary
- Https/SSL support
- Support for automated and manual tests execution
- Dedicated exploratory testing module based on Session-Based Test Management
- Automatic conversion of exploratory notes to scripted tests
- 5 different interfaces to execute your manual tests the way you prefer
- Nearly 60 different launchers to execute your automated tests (incl. QTP, Selenium, JMeter, Sahi, Ranorex, SilkTest, TestComplete, soapUI, webui, TestPartner, AutoIt, Squish, JUnit, Nunit, xUnit.net, pyUnit, TestNG, Marathon, etc.)
- Shared/Reusable test cases
- Test case parameterization (including the powerful pairwise algorithm)
- Scheduling test campaigns execution
- Tracing of results in real-time during execution
- Real-time execution graph stored
- Execution of the tests on remote computer(s)
- Execution of the tests on several agents simultaneously (and on N independent threads on each if cecessary)
- SNMP Monitoring of resources (CPU, RAM, Storage…) during testing
- Basic rules defining execution behaviour in case one test is failing
- Merging and consolidation of results
- Dependencies between tests
- Automatic import of tests in campaign (based on SUT, test attributes, requirements, environments/assets etc.)
- Automatic ordering of tests in campaign based on dependencies and/or priorities
- Automatic generation of tests from specifications
- Merge of several test campaigns for consolidation
- Generation of traceability matrix
- Workflow on requirements, specifications, test authoring, test implementation status and defects
- Import SUTs, Requirements, Specifications, Tests, Test cases, Steps, Bugs, Assets and links from Excel/CSV/XML
- Automatic scan/referencing of automated tests scripts
- Attachments on requirements, specifications, tests, test cases, defects, campaigns, folders/container, test results etc.
- Attachments are stored either in the DB or on File System
- Versioning and change tracking on requirements, specifications, tests, test cases, defects and attachments
- Timeshifting feature to get back to a specific point in time
- User profile customization (rights management)
- User groups/teams (access to specific projecs)
- Customization of all generated documents (testplans, test reports etc.)
- Custom fields
- Excellent ergonomy (incl. wizards, right-click/contextual menus etc.)
- Web access (no end-user install)
- ALL data stored in MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server or MariaDB
- Powerful search engine
- Embedded spell-checker
- Keyword/attribute filtering
- UTF-8 compliant (support of any accentuated languages such as french, chinese, arabic, hebrew etc.)
- Copy of entire folders of requirements, specifications, tests, campaigns and defects
- Simple and flexible open source SDK for launchers configuration/development
- Document sharing (including versioning and locking capabilities)